Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sunday and Monday - well Tuesday too (might as well catch up)

Louisville, KY for Breakfast at Lynn's Paradise Cafe.  This must be one of the most delicious restaurants for both my eyes and my mouth.  An eclectic design of stuff.  From the tea bag pants hanging from the ceiling to the brick size biscuits to the bacon soap.  Yes ladies Bacon Soap - do you have troubles with your man - just wash up in some bacon soap and put on the bacon candle. 


I tried to talk her into spooning
Patty (Lynn's Seester) -
A wonderful woman that gave us some goodies and you could tell that she really cared whether we were happy or not



I had a scramble with fried green tomatoes and of course
a side of bacon and Betsey had bacon, eggs, and fruit.
ALL GREAT



We are still eating on this biscuit two days later.




A tree growing out of our table - well almost.






Maybe I could make this musical instrument
for Betsey.  She could serenade me to sleep.
Or she could have them at her daycare/preschool.
 
 
 
In the last picture bacon candles, a bacon wallet, bacon effervescents, bacon floss, bacon bandaids, bacon toothpicks, a bacon game.  Whew - I got the meat sweats just looking at all the bacon stuff.  I was going to bring some home to my bacon loving friends and realized that I wouldn't be able to afford the next tank of gas (maybe two tanks).
 
 
Versailles, KY for a stop at a candy store and a distillery.  What a bonus Guy Fieri has been to the Woodward Reserve before me.  That was really part of the plan for the stops on the trip so I got a bonus.  Beautiful drive to the distillery between two horse farms - Of course Betsey said a couple times - are you sure we took the right turn.  And we were on our way to the next stop and meeting a friend there so we needed to keep an eye on the GPS and the arrival time at the next destination.  We didn't get a chance to do the to candy factory or the distillery tour.  We met a very nice tour guide there and ironically we are remembering her name to be Patty as well.
 

 
 

 Lesage, WV was our next scheduled stop and we met with another one of my good friends from Pampered Chef, Bobbi.  Bobbi drove over from Charlotte (about 40 minutes).  Hillbilly Hot Dogs is a very unique collection of collectibles as I call it or junk as my darling wife calls it.  What a treat to meet Sonny and Sharie on our way in.  Sonny had just arrived with a Darth Vadar collectible that played the Imperial Death March - so of course Darth had to be in our picture as well. 

I was told that a West Virginia Weenie was the best kind of Weenie and it was GREAT!  Ya'll know that it is a weenie till it hits a bun then it becomes a Hot Dog.  And an assortment of Hot Dogs they have there.  Check out the website here.

And we find out that Sonny and Sharie will be coming to Kansas for a relative's graduation from Leavenworth.  I think from the high school and not the prison.  Looking forward to meeting them at Grinders in Kansas City and meeting Stretch.















Thanks for reading - Please come back.

Chow and Chow Down
Blessings to Ya'll
Share with your friends

Kevin 

No comments:

Post a Comment