Sunday, July 20, 2014

Eli and Ashley's wedding

Williams Tree Farm - The venue for the wedding of Ashley Massier and Eli Litscher


What a beautiful wedding.  You know it is hard for me to go to a wedding because I will never be able to help my daughter plan her first wedding. 

Charlene, who was killed in a car accident 9 years ago, may have wanted a wedding with all of the pomp and circumstance that one expects at a wedding.  However I suspect she would have been a practical kinda of gal saying "sure dad, I will take that five thousand dollars and elope, but I want you and mom to be there."
Beckey got married in California and I found out on Facebook.  So therefore, unable to help plan her wedding. 

But to go to an event such as Eli and Ashley's wedding is an honor and a treat, despite my feelings.  Of course it would have been much nicer if Betsey, my wife, had been there.  But she is doing God's work in Guyana.

I got a chance to meet the bride of course, what a lovely lady she seems to be.  Eli appears to be a lucky guy, and likewise Ashley is a lucky gal.  Eli is an goal oriented and motivated guy. 
Weather was as perfect as could be and the venue was great.  Acoustics were not so great inside for the toasts and announcements. 

Colors were gray and salmon.  The reason that I know it was salmon is because my dear nephew Owen told me his socks were salmon.  Owen and Lainey we're others that I met for the first time, what precious kids.  These two would be my niece Alexandra's children. 

It was an outdoor setting for the ceremony, which is why the weather was so important.  God answered my prayers for that.  Waterfall and trees to block out the noise of the nearby country highway. 

Food was surprisingly delicious, prime rib and chicken were the choices.  I, of course, picked the cow as you can see by my ticket. 
The tickets fit into the decorations and the theme was great as the theme was travel.  They are and will be world travelers going to Scotland, Greece, and Turkey for their honeymoon. 

The cake/dessert table - you could make smores with marshmallows toasted over a sterno.  I didn't have one cause the sterno thing was kind of weird to me.

Eli and Alex (my nephew and niece)

My Favorite Ex Sis-In-Law









My brother Allen



Waterfall behind the minister during service


No comments:

Post a Comment