Thursday, January 31, 2013

What are you doing for Super Bowl?


What's in your chili??
OK – Super Bowl Sunday is coming in just a couple days. What is your favorite part of the Super Bowl?  Is your favorite the game, the commercials, the food, the friends and fellowship?  Please let me know.  Mine is probably the food (combined with the friends and the fellowship); however this year I am in a dilemma and need your help.  What should I make for the Covenant Baptist Church Souper Bowl?  For years I have entered a chili in the chili cookoff.  I have actually won a few times and got my name etched on the proverbial chili pot, however this year might be the year I break from the chili path and bring something different.
Today, on The Chew, (if you haven’t seen it, it is a pretty good daytime talk show centered around cooking, featuring Michael Symon, Mario Batali, Daphne Oz, Clinton Kelly,  and Carla Hall) was about recipes for Super Bowl.  Michael had the 49ers and prepared some chorizo burritos and Mario had the Ravens and prepared Baltimore crab cakes.  Both of these looked delicious and I am putting the chorizo burritos on my list of items to choose from for Sunday’s feast.  Oh, the feast will be at Covenant Baptist Church located at 5440 SW 37th Street in Topeka.  If you want to enter chili in the contest you need to have your chili in the kitchen by 4 p.m.  If you don’t want to bring chili, you may bring a side dish or dessert to share.  This is where you come in.

Please let me know what your favorite football game snack is.  Right now my list includes the chorizo burritos, bacon wrapped jalapenos, bacon wrapped smokies, smoked chicken wings, spicy buffalo wings, and shrimp filled wontons.  I will be picking one – please help me decide which one to pick.  Comment below and pick one on my list or suggest something else.  If I use your suggestion you may win a Pampered Chef product. 
Everyone is welcome at the Souper Bowl Chili Cookoff.  Please join us.

Thanks for reading - Please come back.

Chow and Chow Down
Blessings to Ya'll
Share with your friends

Kevin

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment